3 cups water
1 package ZATARAIN’S® Red Beans
1 cup salsa
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Prepare rice mix as directed on package, using 3 cups water instead of 3 1/4 cups.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese to garnish dip, if desired. Stir remaining ingredients into rice mixture. Place mixture into food processor or blender; cover. Process or blend until smooth.
3. Keep dip warm in slow cooker, if desired. Makes 60 (2-tablespoon) servings.
West Bank Wings
No football party is complete without a generous serving of wings. Try these zesty Asian-inspired chicken wings, a Manning favorite, with a spicy Creole twist.
3 pounds chicken wing pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons ZATARAIN’S® Creole
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup cane syrup or molasses
1/4 cup ZATARAIN’S® Creole Mustard
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450° F. Toss chicken wings with oil and Creole Seasoning in large bowl. Arrange wings in single layer on foil-lined large shallow baking pan.
2. Bake 35 minutes or until wings are cooked through and skin is crisp.
3. Mix remaining ingredients, except cilantro and sesame seeds, in large skillet. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer about 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by a third and is a “syrup”
consistency. Add wings; toss to coat with sauce. Transfer wings to serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Cajun Buffalo Chicken Wings
Here’s another zesty take on the football-watching favorite.