September 3, 2013 | 298 views
Extra eastbound LIRR trains for Rosh Hashanah
The MTA Long Island Rail Road is offering eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station, Wednesday, September 4, between 2:08 PM and 3:48 PM for customers traveling home early in observance of Rosh Hashanah. There will be three additional trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, two on the Port Washington Branch and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The extra trains departing Penn Station include:
• 2:32 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
• 2:08 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington
• 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
• 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
• 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway
For additional information, customers can consult the LIRR’s website at www.mta.info/lirr or contact the LIRR’s Travel Information Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.