The results for the Seaford 2023-24 school budget are in, and the budget has passed. Jimmy Chwe and Trisha Matulewicz have been elected to the Board of Education.
The numbers are as follows:
- Budget - $80,479,174
- Proposition 2 – Expend from existing capital reserve fund
- Proposition 3 – Expend from existing repair fund
- Board of Education – 2 seats, 3-year terms
- Jeayoung “Jimmy” Chwe 797
- Trisha Matulewicz 743
Chwe and Matulewicz elected
For Seaford residents north of Jerusalem Avenue, zoned for Levittown Schools, the Levittown School District passed its budget as well. The numbers for that are as follows:
- Proposition 1: Budget - $251,792,906
- YES: 1,159
- NO: 625
- Proposition 2: Expenditure of Funds from 2013, 2017, and 2021 Capital Reserves
Proposition 2 passes.
- Proposition 3: Creation of a new 2023 Capital Reserve
Proposition 3 passes.
- Board of Education – Three Seats
- Jennifer Messina (incumbent): 1205
- Michael Pappas (incumbent): 1310
- Phyllis Dalton: 1084
- Jennifer Messina, Michael Pappas and Phyllis Dalton elected.