The results for the Wantagh 2023-24 school budget are in, and the budget has passed. Adam Fisher and Tara Cassidy have been re-elected to the Board of Education.
The results are as follows:
- Budget – $89,497,546
- Proposition 2 – Expend from existing Capital Reserve Fund
- Board of Education – 2 seats, 3-year terms
- Tara Cassidy (incumbent): 1,466
- Adam Fisher (incumbent): 1,270
Cassidy and Fisher elected
For Wantagh residents north of Jerusalem Avenue, zoned for Levittown Schools, the Levittown School District passed its budget as well. The numbers for that are as follows:
- Proposition 1: Budget - $251,792,906
- YES: 1,159
- NO: 625
- Proposition 2: Expenditure of Funds from 2013, 2017, and 2021 Capital Reserves
Proposition 2 passes.
- Proposition 3: Creation of a new 2023 Capital Reserve
Proposition 3 passes.
- Board of Education – Three Seats
- Jennifer Messina (incumbent): 1205
- Michael Pappas (incumbent): 1310
- Phyllis Dalton: 1084
- Jennifer Messina, Michael Pappas and Phyllis Dalton elected.