Scott Brinton/Herald Life
Nine Calhoun High School athletes will play sports in college next year. They are, from left, Colin Bayer, Emily Dolan, Kayla Cappuzzo, Nicholas Fronte, Kyle McGinley, Eric Ohlendorf, Jack Zito, Samantha Sanky and Jack Kerner.
Nine Calhoun High School student-athletes have signed letters of intent to play sports in college next year. The announcement was made at a news conference in the Calhoun auditorium last Friday.
“These Calhoun athletes have truly distinguished themselves by their commitment to playing a sport and now have the opportunity to continue to play on the college level,” said Assistant Principal Nicole Hollings. “Now they await the next chapter of their lives.”
The student-athletes include:
• Colin Bayer, lacrosse at Florida Southern College, Division 2.
• Kayla Cappuzzo, soccer at Northeastern University, Division 1.
• Emily Dolan, lacrosse at Western New England University, Division 3.
• Nicholas Fronte, baseball at Skidmore College, Division 3.
• Jack Kerner, lacrosse at Albertus Magnus College, Division 3.
• Kyle McGinley, lacrosse at Wagner College, Division 1.
• Eric Ohlendorf, soccer at Fordham University, Division 1.
• Samantha Sanky, softball at Utica College, Division 3.
• Joseph Zito, lacrosse at Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division 2.