Touting a successful year, South Nassau Communities Hospital earned top national awards and certifications from multiple independent organizations and outlets in a wide range of patient care specialties according to an end-of-the-year news release.
“The awards demonstrate that we are delivering on our promise that South Nassau is a hospital ‘where quality matters,’” said Richard J. Murphy, president and chief executive officer at South Nassau. “I commend our staff of more than 3,500 healthcare professionals for their teamwork and commitment to our mission of providing quality care to our patients.”
Top scores for South Nassau in 2017 include:
· Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award, and five-star ratings for total knee replacement, total hip replacement and hip fracture treatment.
· Healthgrades Patient Safety Award, Healthgrades Top Five Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety, Healthgrades Top Ten Percent of Hospitals for Patient Safety.
· Healthgrades Top Ten Percent of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Procedures, Gynecologic Procedures Excellence Award, Superior Performance in Gynecologic Procedures Award and a five-star rating for hysterectomy procedures.
· Becker’s Hospital Review list of 100 Hospitals with Great Women’s Health Programs.
· Ranked 17th overall in U.S. News & World Report Best (New York) Metro Area Hospitals Rankings.
· Re-accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
· Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation.
· American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus.
· IPRO, or Improving Healthcare for the Common Good, End-Stage Renal Disease Network Quality Award for Highest ICH CAHPS Score in New York.
· IPRO End Stage Renal Network Five Diamond Safety Award (for both the Inpatient Dialysis Unit and the Outpatient Dialysis Center).
· TCU, Transitional Care Unit, CMS Nursing Home Compare five-star rating.
· TCU U.S. News & World Report Top Nursing Homes in America.