A carbon monoxide leak in an East Meadow home has caused 9 people to suffer from high levels of carbon monoxide, including a few children, according to Nassau County Police.
Officials received a call just after 9 p.m. on March 13 for a home on Buchanon Road.
The residents were taken by the East Meadow Fire Department to a local hospital for treatment and observation.
The cause of the leak us unknown. Nassau police reminds its residents to have working carbon monoxide detectors in their homes and to check the batteries frequently.